Thursday, January 31, 2008

What Parents Need to do in Order to Reach Their Children

by Pastor Johnson
1/27/08 - Sunday AM

I Corinthians 9:24-25
Proverbs 2:22
Proverbs 22:6

In order to reach our children parents need to ...

I. Be Consistent
A. In our religion James 1:26-27
B. In the Christian drive & desire Philippians 3:13-14
C. In principle I Timothy 1:18-19
D. In discipline Proverbs 22:15
1. Not in anger; not in excess; don't hurry
2. Love; learning experience; be consistent
Children are happier when they have structure
E. In your love I John 3:18

II. Be Dedicated
A. To Christ Colossians 3:1-3
B. To the church I Timothy 3
1. Be faithful
2. Be involved
C. To serving God

III. Be Spiritual
A. Emphasize Salvation in the home II Corinthians 2:3-4
B. Fervently pray for your children
C. Genuinely pray with your children I Peter 2:21

How do we want our children to turn out?


*note: during editing everything was laid out in proper outline format. However, it doesn't stay that way when I publish it. I think it may be the skin I am using. Oh well, if I can fix it I will, otherwise, it'll just look a little ... odd. I really can do an outline! :-) *

No comments: