Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Death is Life

by Bro. McIntire
2/17/08 - Sunday PM
Psalm 116:1-19 with a focus on vs 15

*Tonight our Pastor was not at church. He had called Bro. McIntire earlier in the evening to see if he would be able to preach, as he felt his dad only had a few hours of life left on this earth and needed to be with him. I am pretty sure this topic is a result from it, but I was glad to hear it. It's a comforting message.*

Faith is not only believing what God has taught/given us, but seeing things as God sees them.

Death is precious in the eyes of God. It is precious because {when} we are looking at it through the eyes of God. Through His eyes we have no death.

John 5:24
death - a haven, a place of rest [He used the analogy of playing a game of Monopoly, where towards the beginning of the game you don't want to go to jail, but one the properties are built up, the jail is a place of rest or reprieve.]
John 10:27-28 , John 10:10

vs 15 - His saints
God is kept eternaly preserved by His Word.
Who knows us best?
Matthew 10:29-31

Philippians 1:20-24
Death of the saints glorify God
The resurrection is our hope (but death must come first)
To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord
God got glory from Lazarus' death & resurrection

John 11:35 - there will be hurt / sorrow
John 16:16-20

*The Pastor's wife called me on 2-18-08 when I was on the way to pick up Brian. She told me that Pastor's dad had passed away during the night. Please pray for them. After we hung up, I heard a song on the radio. I had never heard it before, but the timing couldn't have been more perfect. I wrote down the chorus (yes, while driving), and here is what it says:
"I'll see you again
I'll see you again
I'll see you in Glory someday
For now it's goodbye
Don't sorrow or sigh
I'll see you in Glory someday"

What a blessed thought that one day we'll be able to see our loved ones in Christ up in that Gloryland. I know I can't wait ... Can you?*

1 comment:

Always a Southern Girl said...

How wonderful is that. How I look forward to Heaven. But as long as I am on this old earth, I will try to please God and be a witness for Him. I enjoyed your post.