Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Sermon by Song

by the Ambassador Baptist College Men's Quartet (quintet!)
2/17/08 - Sunday School

We had the privelege of having these men come and minister to us through instrumental music this morning. For Sunday School, the five of them played different songs throughout the hymnal. The instruments played were piano, organ, violin, viola, and saw. Yes, I said saw and it was a real one. It had belonged to the young man's grandfather. It sounded very good, too!

We were a tad late so we missed the first few songs, but I'm so glad we got to hear most of them. I should have recorded it, it was so beautiful. I wrote down the song numbers, but forgot to look them up, so I will come back and write the song titles down then. It was very relaxing and moving to hear the hymns of the faith played so beautifully.

Beneath the Cross of Jesus
When We See Christ
I need Thee Every Hour
The Name of Jesus
Day by Day
Under His Wings
Safe in the Arms of Jesus
Near to the Heart of God
'Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus
Each Step I Take
Yesterday, Today, Forever
My Faith Has Found a Resting Place

No comments: